Fjuul is committed to protecting your privacy and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws. “Fjuul” refers to Fjuul Vision Oy, P.O Box 26, 04131Sipoo, Finland (also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”). Fjuul provides online and mobile services, including but not limited to, the Fjuul website www.fjuul.com (the "Site") and the Fjuul mobile application (the “Fjuul App”) intended to capture your daily activities based on your body movements and to enhance their monitoring in order to achieve a better impact on your health.
What personal data we collect
When starting to interact with us and using the Fjuul App you may be requested to register and create a user account (the “Fjuul Account”).
For that purpose we may ask you to provide us with personal information such as your name and email address as well as user names, passwords and other such identification credentials that are used to authenticate you, enable you to use the Fjuul App and enable us to communicate with you.
The Fjuul App also enables you to compare all your activities with universal energy points, share selected information with other users (such as daily activity data, photos, videos etc.) via the social feature and make them public on the Internet.
The Fjuul App starts collecting data once you have created your Fjuul Account and installed the Fjuul App to your mobile device. The data collection will continue until you stop the body movement monitoring by closing the background processing mode or uninstalling the Fjuul App from your mobile device.
In order to personalize and benefit fully from the Fjuul App and to enhance the visualization of your daily energy levels and analysis of the monitored body movements, you may also add additional personal details to your Fjuul Account, such as height, weight, gender and age. Such information will enable the conversion of universal counts to individual counts such as calories. If you are using our mobile application, these details are required as part of your registration process. This information will be stored by Fjuul.
We collect industry standard log data about the browser and operating system you are using and your IP address at the time of the creation of your Fjuul Account. We may also collect the IP address associated with the device running the Fjuul App each time you sync.
We may also collect other information you provide, such as your consents, preferences and feedback, information relating to your devices and other such information you provide us with.
The Fjuul App uses location information derived from sources such as GPS or Cell-ID to determine the location of your mobile device. Via the settings of your operating system you can turn location monitoring on and off. You can opt-out and disable location services at any time.
You may also sign up for the Fjuul App, create a Fjuul account as well as search friends by using your Facebook credentials. In such case you will be asked to allow Fjuul to access certain information associated with your Facebook account such as your name, profile picture, gender, list of friends and other public information.
How we process and use your personal data
We use your personal data to:
- identify you as Fjuul App user
- provide you with the services contained in the Fjuul App and operate the Site;
- analyze the usage of our Site and improve the Fjuul App;
- communicate with you, inform you of updates, perform market research, correct errors and problems, and prevent and investigate fraud and other criminal activities.
How we share your personal data
We share your personal data with the parties indicated below and for the following reasons:
- Strategic partners. To obtain the best benefits of the Fjuul App, you may choose to sync some of your Fjuul App’s data with a third party application. In such case we will share your personal data with that application.
- International transfers. Our services may be provided in various countries and have servers in different locations. If your data is transferred across international borders outside the country where you use the Fjuul App, we shall take reasonable steps to ensure that such transfer is made based on adequate protection and legal basis.
- Lawful requests. We may disclose your personal data to certain authorities or third parties if we are required to do so by any applicable law, to respond to legal proceedings or lawful requests.
- Reorganization and mergers. In the event of a reorganization of our businesses or merger, we may disclose your personal data to the relevant third party.
- Protection of our interests and protection against fraud. We may process or disclose your personal data, in application with applicable laws, to defend our interests or in our actions to prevent and combat fraud.
How we use aggregated anonymous user data
For benchmarking and comparison purposes as well for research purposes in the health and wellness field we may collect and analyze aggregated anonymous user data from the Fjuul App and your mobile device. Such data may also be used for promotional purposes.
Your right to modify and delete our personal data
You can modify and correct any personal data created when using the Fjuul App by logging into your Fjuul Account. If you would like to cancel your Fjuul Account, please contact us by using the feedback function at firstname.lastname@example.org and your personal data will be deleted.
Our systems are firewall protected. We also use encryption techniques and authentication procedures to maintain the security of your personal data and prevent unauthorized access to your Fjuul Account and our systems.
Authorized Fjuul personnel or authorized third parties who are granted access to personal data are required to keep such data confidential.
Personal data of children
We do not knowingly collect personal data of children under the age of 13 and will take steps to delete any such data if such collection would come to our knowledge.
How to contact us
The data controller of your personal data is:
Fjuul Vision Oy
P.O Box 26, 04131 Sipoo, Finland